Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Don't Worry, I went for a run

I'm officially in Buenos Aires!

But let us start from the beginning, starting on the 20th when I left. My flight was not until 2:45, and I wouldn't be leaving for the airport until 11, so how did I spend my time pre-departure? After getting the dog settled I went for a run. Which is why I missed my parents first phone call. It was a successful run full of nervousness, but by the end I was pleased. After my shower (during which I missed my parents second call) I did last minute packing and had an emergency backpack change. My new back pack is too small, so I switched back to my dank backpack which has a sock safety pinned to it. Don't worry, I took off the sock and safety pinned a black t-shirt on to it.

Then my wonderful neighbors, Mary and Chip, took me to the airport and kept me distracted. Mary took me inside and helped me check in and then sent me on my way. I was so grateful for having them there with me, because I was shaking in my boots.

After arriving in Dallas, I saw a group of girls who seemed to be around my age at the gate I was going to. After sitting alone for a minute and getting some water, I decided to face my fear and ask them if they were going to Mendoza. If they weren't, it would really only be awkward for a moment, then I would leave and they would laugh at me, and I would never interact with them again. Well, that didn't happen, they were all studying abroad... what a relief!

The plane ride was uneventful: did some reading, some sleeping, had a hard time eating my favorite meal (breakfast... who has trouble eating cereal??), and realized that I was really going to Mendoza. This was really happening. Like, it's not something I'm talking about, it's something I'm doing.

Right now I'm in Buenos Aires in a hotel, and will be here until Friday. So... FREE WIFI UNTIL FRIDAY!!!!

Sorry this post sucks... I tried to make it sound decent, but I failed. Maybe I'll get better, or maybe you should read this, and I'll just reference it when you ask me what I did in Argentina

... I'm just sayin

2 comments:

  1. oh your dank backpack has gone internacional! que emocionada chica! que pasa BA?! estoy orgullosa que habló con las chicas en Dallas! un pas grande! te echo de menos y te amo mucho! besos y abrazos jaja
    -sunita

    ReplyDelete